Each year we set aside a week to spend extra time together as a church family to ask God what his desires and plans for TBC are, to listen to him, and to pray for ourselves and our community and our world. The Bible sometimes calls this “seeking God’s face”, and that’s exactly what we want to do, to catch a fresh glimpse of God and what He has on his mind…
Here’s what we’ve got planned as we seek God’s face together:
- Meeting each morning from 8 to 8.30 am to pray
- Drop in to pray in the Worship Room any time from 9.30 am to 4 pm each day – there will be resources from the early prayer meeting for you to make use of.
- Monday evening from 7.30 to 9 pm we’re having a creative prayer and prophecy evening, using creative means to listen to what God is saying to us. We sometimes sideline the creative gifts in church life but God often speaks through His artistic and creative children. Not that you need to be any kind of artist to come and join in, just come and let God speak to you through the right hand side of your brain for a change…!
- Wednesday evening we are getting out into our local community to pray and collect litter. We will meet at the entrance to the park on Thornhill Park Road (next to the Bitterne pub) at 6.30 pm. For a select few there is a different option – we are going to run (praying as we go) right around the outside of Harefield and Thornhill. It’s a little over 5 miles and we’ll meet in the church car-park at 6.30 pm.
- Thursday evening we will meet to pray, worship and listen to God from 7.30 to 9 pm in the Worship Room at TBC. If you can only make one event during the week please try to make it this one…